The Stanground Academy dress code for Sixth Form students embodies our belief that students' appearance should reflect the smart, professional environment in which they work. As such, students are required to wear ‘business dress' whilst in the Academy. The Academy defines ‘business dress' with the following items and associated rules:
- Identification badges with lanyards must always be worn and visible.
- Trainers, canvas shoes, converse, UGG boots, caterpillar style boots and crocs should not be worn.
- Lycra / elastane, sweatshirt material, denim, leather, and leggings are not allowed.
- T-Shirts are not permitted.
- Jewellery should not be excessive.
- Hair must not be worn in an extreme style or colour.
- Tops, shirts, or blouses must be smart and professional looking.
- Dresses and skirts should be no more than 8cm above the knee.
- Make-up must be discreet.
Further guidance about the interpretation of this dress code can be sought from the Head of Sixth Form. Students are encouraged to seek advice if they are unsure about the suitability of an item before purchasing it.
Failure to adhere to the dress code
Students that fail to adhere to the dress code will be sent home to change.